This section of our web site is intended to assist you whether you are starting a new business, becoming the new owner of an existing business, or changing or adding a new location to your operations. We will add additional information and links as they become available.
All businesses operating within the municipal boundaries of Fraser must obtain a Fraser business license. This includes both fixed and non-fixed businesses, vacation rentals by owners, professional services, charitable operations, all subcontractors in the building industry, home occupations, temporary or special event and door to door solicitors. Click here for a Business License Application. The annual fees are listed at the bottom of the application.
Businesses selling goods or services at temporary or special event venues are required to obtain a yearly special events vendor license, unless the event sponsor acts on behalf of all vendors to congregate and submit all sales tax. Click here for a Business License Application.
All businesses operating within the municipal boundaries of Fraser must file a State of Colorado Business Registration Form - this can be done on line at the Colorado Department of Revenue. Businesses which sell, lease or rent items within the municipal boundaries of the Town, including items delivered to the Town, must collect and remit sales tax. Sales tax information is discussed in detail on the Sales and Use Tax page.
A summary of some of the business license requirements and responsibilities follows:
- A Business License shall be valid from June 1 through May 31 of each year.
- A separate license is required for each location - or any location with signage.
- Licenses are not transferable except in the event of a business sale.
- Licenses are renewed annually, any existing licensee will be billed for the next year in May.
- The licensing of businesses allows the Town of Fraser to have the most current ownership information on file in addition allowing the Town to audit our sales tax submittals.
Helpful Web Links
Grand County Business Economic Development Association
Fraser Valley Chamber of Commerce